Indoor Living Spaces
Are you thinking of replacing that aging, unattractive kitchen countertop in your York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, PA home? Are you planning an extensive kitchen remodeling project?
Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc. has the experience and expertise to design and install a brand-new kitchen countertop you’ll be proud to have in your home. We’re a local, family-owned company that has been providing custom fabrication solutions for homeowners, architects, designers and contractors for more than 60 years.
Choosing Kitchen Countertops: What You Need to Know
The right kitchen countertop will look fantastic and meet your functional requirements. Factors to consider during your countertop selection process should include:
- Importance of appearance: How willing are you to put looks at the top of the list? Keep in mind that the best-looking countertop might not always hold up well, especially if you choose a less durable material.
- Practicality: Some kitchen countertop materials are more “practical” than others. For example, laminate is affordable and easy to maintain, although it may not deliver that “wow” you’re hoping for. A hard granite surface, on the other hand, can be a higher priced but still relatively inexpensive alternative that can provide a more elegant appearance.
- Intended use: If you’re planning to do a lot of cooking and food prep on your countertop, you’ll want a material that is up to the challenge. Countertops made of laminate, quartz or granite are ideally suited for heavy-use environments.
- Durability: How long do you want/need your countertop to last? Wood, metal and some types of solid surfaces often begin to show signs of age and wear after just a few years. Conversely, stone and quartz tops can retain their attractive appearance for a decade or much longer.
- Environmental friendliness: These days, many homeowners, contractors and design professionals want an eco-friendly countertop material. You can now find multiple kitchen countertop options made from recycled and sustainable materials such as reclaimed wood and composites that provide the benefit of a smaller environmental footprint.
- Cost: Of course, cost is often the final determining factor in the kitchen countertop selection process. It is vital to establish a realistic budget for your project – and choose a provider that is willing to work with you to find the best product that meets all your purchasing and cost requirements.
We’re Also the Region’s Best Source for Kitchen Wall Surfaces and Backsplashes
Aside from kitchen countertops, HH Ross sells and installs high-quality kitchen wall surfaces and backsplashes. Kitchen wall surfaces have undergone a remarkable change in recent years. Gone are the days when tiled walls from floor to ceiling or painted walls were the standard decorating method for kitchens. Today, kitchen walls can consist of a wide variety of materials that suit modern tastes and provide quality noticeable quality improvements.
Examples of the many wall surface options now available include stone wall panels, which can consist of natural or synthetic stone materials that offer a unique presentation. Stone panel wall surfaces are easy to assemble and come in a variety of attractive colors. Another possibility is Corian® from DuPont, a solid acrylic polymer material that is smooth to the touch. H.H. Ross can custom-fabricate stone or Corian® wall surfaces to your specifications.
Backsplashes are the vertical extensions typically installed above kitchen countertops and sinks. Originally developed to protect walls against spills and grease splatters, home design professionals now view them as decorative additions that enhance the appearance of the entire kitchen. A backsplash can provide a fast, cost-effective way to transform the look of a kitchen, without having to take on an extensive remodeling project.
Reasons to consider a kitchen backsplash installation include:
- To Add a Personal Touch: There are more options than ever for personalizing the appearance of your kitchen with a backsplash. You can select from a wide variety of colors, styles, materials and textures. There are also many exciting backsplash decorating trends that give you an abundance of customization choices.
- To Protect Your Walls: From a practical perspective, backsplashes will seal and protect the walls they cover, helping to prevent long-term damage and reducing the accumulation of destructive forces such as mold and mildew.
- To Prevent Stains: Depending on the type of material you choose, backsplashes can prevent stains that detract from their appearance, and in some cases, may be difficult to remove.
- To Avoid Pests: A backsplash can keep insects and rodents out of your kitchen. They create a protective seal over the drywall the prevents pests from infiltrating.
- To Simplify Cleaning: Cleaning the kitchen is a chore few people enjoy. Most backsplash materials can lighten your burden, as you can clean them quickly by wiping them with a damp sponge or cloth.
Contact H.H. Ross for More Information and a Free Quote
H.H. Ross fabricates premium brand-name kitchen countertops, wall surfaces and backsplashes in a choice of beautiful, high-quality materials such as Corian®, natural stone, quartz, granite and many others. We also custom fabricate every countertop in our modern Lititz, PA facility.
If you’re in the York, Lancaster, Reading or Harrisburg, PA area, contact us for a free quote or stop by our Lititz showroom for a closer look today.