With so many working surfaces throughout the home, several opportunities exist to incorporate them as part of your preferred interior design style. Updating your indoor living spaces with durable and unique countertops adds to your overall home design aesthetic and offers an excellent conversation starter.
At Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc., we want to ensure your indoor living space countertops exceed your expectations and continue to impress for years to come. We draw upon our 60+ years of industry experience to bring you premium-quality countertops and reliable service you can trust.
Indoor Living Space Countertops
Choosing a suitable material for the job is crucial when installing new indoor living space countertops. At Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc., we offer three core countertop material types:
- Granite and natural stone countertops: Sourced from various locations across the globe, including right here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, our polished granite and natural stone countertops let you showcase the beauty of nature in your home. While granite and natural stone offer decorative attributes, these make for incredibly hardwearing countertops resistant to chips, scratches and stains.
- Solid surface countertops: Tailor your countertops to your design and color preferences with our range of synthetic solid surface countertop options. Choose from our collection of durable Corian® natural shades or Meganite acrylic range, or customize either to meet your needs.
- Quartz countertops: Quartz countertops are popular due to their durability and affordability. Made from one of the hardest minerals in existence, our Quartz countertop varieties are easy to maintain and are often chosen by homeowners, architects and contractors for kitchen and bathroom applications.
Choosing an Indoor Countertop: What You Need to Know
There are several factors to consider when you tackle indoor living space countertop projects. Here are some of the primary considerations, depending on the intended function of the countertop:
- Stain resistance: Stains happen, whether it’s sauces in the kitchen or makeup in the bathroom. Choosing a stain-resistant surface, such as a quartz kitchen or bathroom countertop, is an ideal option.
- Heat resistance: The last thing you want is for your kitchen or sideboard countertop to sustain damage when you place a hot pot on it while cooking or serving food. In this case, granite or natural stone countertops are ideal as they resist fading or blistering when exposed to high temperatures.
- Chip and scratch resistance: Quartz is extremely tough and can withstand almost anything, including the impact of knives and other sharp implements. Choosing quartz countertops for your kitchen, bathroom, bar or other high-use surface is the best way to keep chips and scratches at bay.
- Ease of maintenance: Due to its non-porous properties, a quartz countertop requires little more than a wipe-down with soap and water to maintain and is perfect for bathroom and scullery installations. While solid surface countertops are also non-porous and easy to clean, they may lose their shine over time and require polishing.
Contact H.H. Ross for More Information and a Free Quote
Find the best living space counters in various styles and colors at Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc. today. Take a look at our impressive selection of countertops, edges and sinks online or complete this short form to request a free quote.