In retail spaces, style and creativity are key to developing a brand image that stands out. Visual appeal is essential. Retail countertops take up a significant surface area, so you want to make sure they give your guests the right impression as they shop or interact with your staff.
Explore the basics of retail countertops with Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc., from their most common uses to popular materials.
Uses of Retail Countertops
Countertops can take several forms in retail stores. Depending on the nature of your business, you might need counters for:
- Customer service desks
- Product displays
- Checkout areas
- Guest restroom vanities and sinks
- Self-serve coffee or snack bars
All these spaces reflect your brand while serving an essential purpose, so choosing the right material and design is key.
What to Look for in Retail Countertops
When choosing countertops to enhance your retail space, keep the following factors in mind:
- Aesthetics: What impression do you want your retail space to offer? Your countertops can make a major impact on overall ambiance, whether you’re aiming for a bright, youthful space or a luxury retail experience for customers.
- Cleanliness: Clean countertops are essential to upholding your business’s image and keeping customers and employees safe. Look for a flexible surface material that is easy to keep clean.
- Durability: Choose a surface that can stand up to the pressure of retail use while looking great for years.
- Function: Consider the capacity of your retail counters — how you use them will impact the material and design. A small self-serve coffee kiosk counter will have some key differences from a long counter for clothing sales.
Common Materials for Retail Countertops
DuPont™ Corian® is a popular material for retail spaces, from bathroom countertops to checkout areas. It’s ideal for creating countertops in eye-catching shapes with features like curves, angles and waterfall edges. The surface is durable and easy to clean. You can also paint over it to give your retail space an instant refresh.
Why Choose H.H. Ross?
Henry H. Ross & Son, Inc. is here for you when you need countertops for your retail space. We’ll take care of the project from start to finish so you can focus on your retail success. Our team will review all of your options with you and help you choose the right look for every area of the store. From design to professional installation, you can count on us.
Request a Quote
Retailers turn to H.H. Ross because we offer exceptional counters, excellent service and attention to detail. Our team is ready to help you create retail countertops you’re excited to show off, so contact us for a quote today!