Granite vs. Quartz vs. Corian Countertops: Which Kitchen Countertop Is Right for Your Home?
The time has come to give your kitchen a much-needed facelift. The addition of sleek and smooth kitchen countertops are what you need to complete your kitchen.
Kitchen countertops are the most common major upgrade homeowners invest in. Their differences in appearance, durability, cost and required maintenance offer you the opportunity to choose an attractive countertop that meets the unique needs of your lifestyle and budget. With 60+ years of experience, H.H. Ross is here to help you determine which high-quality custom countertop is best for your kitchen.
Now that you’ve narrowed your countertop choices down to granite, quartz and Corian, it’s time to finally decide which option is the ideal surface that caters to your specific needs.
Finding the Right Countertop Fit for Your Home
Granite, quartz and Corian: three exceptional materials that will work wonders in your kitchen. While all three surfaces can perfectly complement your kitchen aesthetic, the right kitchen countertop for your home needs to be as practical as it is visually appealing.
The experts at H.H. Ross want to help you decide which countertop is perfect for the unique demands of your household. Here are some questions to keep in mind before selecting a surface:
1. What Are Your Lifestyle Needs?
First, consider the average amount of use your kitchen countertop sees on a day-to-day basis. Some counters become the landing strip for shopping bags while others are converted into an after-school homework and project space. Before choosing a surface, you’ll need to consider the way your family will use the space and determine how much wear and tear your countertop will need to handle.
2. How Much Do You Cook?
Next, think about what elements may come in contact with the surface while you’re cooking. Whether you prepare simple meals or fancy yourself to be a master chef, the amount of pressure, liquid and heat your countertops are exposed to can potentially damage surfaces that are not durable enough to take on your culinary ambitions.
3. How Much Maintenance Is Required?
Accidents are bound to happen. From spills to stains and everything in between, it’s inevitable that your kitchen countertops will see their share of messes. Though many surface materials do not require heavy maintenance, proper and consistent cleaning is necessary to keep your countertop sparkling. If you think your countertop will rarely be spotless, consider a surface that can naturally withstand dirt and grime.
4. What’s Your Budget?
Finally, determine a responsible budget that will meet your unique needs. Cost can be just as significant of a factor in your decision as appearance. No one wants to spend a fortune on their kitchen countertops, however, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice quality for affordability. H.H. Ross only provides you with beautiful countertop materials that offer high performance at a price that caters to any budget.
Granite Countertops: A Timeless Feature
There’s no denying it: Granite is one of the most popular countertop surfaces in the country. From apartment rentals in Harrisburg to new homes in Lancaster, you may not have to look farther than across the street to find a kitchen countertop made with this cherished mineral.
What makes granite such a popular option for kitchen countertops? One word: Endurance. From its natural appearance to its durability, a granite slab offers impressive features that are exclusive to stone surfaces. These benefits blend form and fashion, making granite a choice few homeowners regret.
- Appearance: Granite is the most common igneous rock found within the Earth’s continental crust. Available throughout the world, its beautiful colors and patterns are as unique as the location it’s mined from. If you’re looking for a countertop that meets conventional aesthetics while complementing virtually any fashion-forward design, granite is an exceptional choice. H.H. Ross carries beautiful granite slabs sourced from locations around the world, providing customers with a high-quality countertop. Whether you’d like a honed, antique texture or mirrored finish, we can work the material into a finished product that shines.
- Maintenance: One of the many inherent benefits of granite is that it requires little-to-no upkeep. In fact, caring for your granite countertop is surprisingly simple. Our professionals at H.H. Ross recommend mixing a mild detergent with warm water and washing the surface with a soft cloth. As long as you make a habit of removing and drying all liquids that come in contact with the countertop as quickly as possible, it will retain its beauty for years. Granite countertops are ideal for homeowners who don’t always have time to commit to a thorough cleaning routine. Busy families or on-the-go professionals can rest assured that a simple wash and dry of the surface is suitable enough to maintain a presentable space.
- Durability: Granite can quite literally stand the test of time, lasting longer than other countertop materials. It is resistant to stains, scratches, heat, water and pressure, making it the ideal choice compared to surfaces like wood and steel. When cooking mishaps and other kitchen accidents occur, you’ll appreciate the reliable durability that granite offers. A granite surface is perfect for those who fill their countertops daily. Acting as a shelf, a table and a prep space for meals, a high-performance granite countertop can adapt to any situation.
- Cost: While it’s easy to assume the popularity of granite may drive up the price, the cost of this unique stone is actually as varied as its appearance. Since granite typically has a higher resale value than quartz and other solid surfaces, it can also deliver a great return on investment should you choose to one day sell your home. Compared to other remodeling additions, granite countertops in your kitchen are often seen as an investment that will meet your current needs while appealing to future buyers.
With local slabs readily available, granite is a cost-effective solution that caters to the demands of most kitchens. Granite delivers a confidence that extends beyond the kitchen. This dependable stone is also used in a variety of construction, structural and decorative settings. More timeless than trendy, it’s clear that granite will continue to be a popular choice among homeowners.The characteristic beauty and natural durability of each unique slab create a practical surface that will endure years of heavy use. If you require a reliable countertop with a lasting aesthetic, let H.H. Ross provide you with high-quality granite that you’ll treasure for years to come.
Quartz Countertops Offer Contemporary Style
While some homeowners prefer the traditional look of granite, many others are discovering quartz to be an attractive option for their kitchen countertops. Reports show that this engineered stone is drastically increasing in popularity. It can also be argued that quartz is replacing granite as the new standard for kitchen countertops. Boasting a number of advantages, it’s no wonder why 94% of professionals believe quartz is the preferred choice for kitchen countertops.
What makes quartz a competitive option? Many homeowners are surprised to discover that quartz boasts some of the same features as granite. Since quartz is manufactured differently, it offers a wider variety of customization options. As a proud fabricator of high-quality quartz countertops, H.H. Ross can walk you through the unique features quartz has compared to its natural and synthetic counterparts.
- Appearance: Quartz is an engineered stone that is mixed with polymer resins and pigments. The finished product is an elegant surface that beautifully blends function and fashion. You can choose from a variety of finishes, colors and patterns to match your quartz countertop to any kitchen design. With quartz, you can match your countertop to the desired color scheme for your kitchen. You can choose to incorporate specific hues into the quartz surface. This is perfect for homeowners that want to match their countertops to cabinetry or wall paints that aren’t quite a match with granite.
- Maintenance: Quartz gives the look and feel of stone with little maintenance required. Regular cleaning with soap and warm water will increase the lifespan of the surface. This handy list of dos-and-don’ts will help you provide the best care for your countertop. Installing a quartz countertop is an excellent decision for families who can stick to a consistent cleaning routine. With a small amount of discipline and a little effort, keeping a quartz surface in spectacular condition is painless.
- Durability: Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world. History shows that quartz helped pave the way for modern civilization. This trusted material is resilient enough to handle the heavy use of any household. If you maintain proper care of the surface, you’ll discover that a scratch-resistant quartz countertop has a naturally enduring lifespan. Because of its non-porous surface, it resists bacteria growth and prevents staining. It can also resist a moderate amount of damage from heat.
- Cost: Though the cost may be slightly higher than other engineered surfaces, a quartz countertop is a fantastic long-term investment. The skilled craftsmen at H.H. Ross use the latest fabrication techniques to produce custom quartz countertops that are geared toward your budget. With a number of samples displayed in our showroom and a no-obligation free quote, you can instantly see how well a beautiful quartz countertop fits into your design and price range.
Quartz is without a doubt a worthy contender when considered as a countertop material. It’s strong and can endure significant trauma without showing signs of wear and tear. Though it does require more than the occasional wipe down, the attention needed is a worthy tradeoff to properly preserve this valuable investment.
Limitless Design Possibilities With Corian Countertops
Corian is the ultimate design material. Created by DuPont, this smooth surface is completely engineered to achieve even your most ambitious desires. Designers, architects and homeowners around the world are discovering the immense potential of Corian countertops.
Why choose Corian over another natural or engineered stone? At first glance, it may seem like Corian belongs in a category all its own. Upon closer inspection, it’s clear that the Corian offers advantages comparable to other smooth surfaces at a cost that can accommodate even the strictest of budgets. Before you choose a standard kitchen countertop, discover the many benefits this amazing option offers.
- Appearance: Corian is a functional, reasonably priced material manufactured from a mix of polymers and natural minerals. Solid surfaces like Corian are available in a wide variety of patterns and colors, allowing for complete kitchen customization. If you can imagine it, a seamless Corian surface can match it. This completely synthetic material gives you unlimited design possibilities.
- Maintenance: Though Corian is susceptible to stains and scratches, these blemishes can be easily removed with household cleaner. As with the other fine furniture in your home, your Corian surface is not indestructible. Thankfully, damage is preventable and the scrapes or scuffs it may experience can be fixed. Here are some additional tips on how you can properly maintain your Corian countertops.
- Durability: With the ability to cut and fabricate the countertop to your desired thickness, H.H. Ross stands by this impact-resistant surface. Corian surfaces can be found in some of your favorite bars and restaurants, giving you full assurance that it can handle the demands of constant, heavy usage.
- Cost: One of the greatest benefits of Corian is that it is not mined and does not require highly labor-intensive processing steps. The absence of natural materials significantly reduces the cost for this versatile surface. Corian is perfect for homeowners who want to maximize their budget. Kitchen Magic considers Corian the best value for a kitchen countertop. Of the homeowners with Corian countertops, 98% would install it again.
Every homeowner in Lancaster and the surrounding area should not decide on a countertop material without first considering a custom Corian surface. Its range of customization is endless and although it may show small signs of wear and tear, these damages can be fixed quickly and affordably. For the creative homeowner looking for an option outside of traditional stone choices like granite and quartz, Corian is a solid option.
High-Quality Kitchen Countertops From H.H. Ross
While granite, quartz and Corian offer several unique advantages, the best countertop material for your kitchen is the one that most closely fits your needs.
H.H. Ross takes pride in supplying only the highest-quality granite, quartz and Corian countertops for kitchens throughout the beautiful neighborhoods of Harrisburg, Reading, York and Lancaster.
Get the Kitchen You Want Today
The kitchen is the heart of every home. Make yours a special space with gorgeous countertops from H.H. Ross. We’re proud to have served families throughout Central Pennsylvania for over 60 years and are committed to surpassing expectations for decades to come. Our experience and expertise has made us a trusted resource for households of all varieties.
Don’t settle for just any kitchen surface when an affordable, high-quality solution is readily available at H.H. Ross. Visit our showroom today and allow one of our courteous employees to help you find the countertop that will transform your kitchen into the space of your dreams.